If you haven’t started planning for this all-important national holiday yet, gathering a couple easy, delicious, and special Mother’s Day dinner ideas is a great place to start. Consider this your (final) reminder.
Mother’s Day requires thought, effort, and at least one meal’s worth of something homemade. It shouldn’t just be something she likes, it should be her favorite, whether that’s a healthy seafood recipe or a well-marbled strip steak.
Once you’ve got your dinner idea down, consider the rest of the menu. Ask about her favorite wine or cocktail, offer-up plenty of colorful side dishes, and try to keep kitchen crabbiness to a minimum. Please do not forget to buy her flowers.
Mother’s Day is about being your best, doing your best, all for the best person in your life.
Just like mama taught you.
What should I serve for Mother’s Day dinner?
For the time-crunched teens or do-it-all dads, there’s no need to cook something elaborate that takes all day (when you should be spending time with Mom) and leaves you cranky, perhaps a little sweaty, and tired come dinnertime. The following Mother’s Day dinner ideas provide quick and easy, yet elegant, recipes to put a special dinner on the table when you can’t seem to multitask like a (literal) mother.
Shrimp or Fish
- Shrimp & Polenta with Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Baked Salmon with Spicy Garlic Kale
- Sheet Pan Flounder with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, & Arugula
- 5-Minute Sheet Pan Fish with Crispy Kale
Meat or Chicken
- One-Pan Skillet Chicken with Tomatoes and Lemon
- Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grapes
- Lemon Artichoke Skillet Chicken
- Corn & Cobb Salad with Spicy Chicken
- Whole-Wheat Pasta with Toasted Walnuts, Greens, and Ricotta
- Creamy Farro with Roasted Mushrooms
- Grilled Vegetarian Fajitas with Chili Lime Marinade
What can I cook for a special dinner?
If you’ve got a little more time, or competent little helpers, the following recipes are a little something special. They require more effort, but no more skill, and can easily be achieved in an hour or two.
GraceApril 24, 2020 at 8:44 am
Wow Samantha! Thank you for these amazing ideas ~ my Mother will be so happy!